Tips for New Moms: How to Find More Time for Yourself
As a mom, and especially if you’re a new mom, you know first hand how hard it is to find time for yourself. In this post I’ll share what I’ve been doing to steal a little “me-time” back. In addition, I’ll share my favorite ways to treat myself at the end of the day. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
The Hardest Part of Being a New Mom (So Far):
If you’ve read our About page, you know that last year we traveled to Bulgaria to bring home our daughter, Nadia. We’ve been home about 7 months now. Ever since we brought Nadia home, we’ve gone through some major lifestyle changes as all three of us began adjusting to this “new normal”. I’ve always loved my “me time” and peace and quiet. I mean, I really like quiet! But now, I can’t find the time to sit and watch my favorite Housewives shows or read a book in peace. Sound familiar? I’ll bet it does.
My Tips: Here’s How I Keep My Sanity
So here’s what I’m doing to keep my sanity as a new momma:
1. Less housework: I’ve had to let some things go around the house, as far as housework is concerned. I’m pretty OCD when it comes to keeping the house clean. Well, “ain’t nobody got time for that” any more! 🤣
Now, I still work really hard to keep the house clean. But I’m trying to only do what is absolutely necessary, and sort of ignore the stuff that can wait . 😬
2. More planning: I “consolidate” more, as far as errands and things like that go. When I’m able to leave Nadia for a couple of hours, I carefully plan my outing in advance. This way, I’m sure to take care of anything I need to do for myself during that time.
3.Grocery delivery: Now that grocery delivery is available to us from several stores, we’ve been taking advantage of this pretty often. There are pros and cons, but all in all I think it’s really helpful.
4.Bubble baths: I try to take a Lavender bubble bath every night to help me relax and unwind.
No, it doesn’t always happen, but I try. My favorite bubble bath is the Loccitane Lavender Foaming Bath. It has such a rich, pure lavender scent.
For a drugstore find, I also use the the Dr. Teal’s Soothe and Sleep with Lavender Foaming Bath a lot.
5.Neck massage: If I’m feeling really stressed out, I’ll add some Young Living Peace and Calming essential oil blend to a little coconut oil and rub it on the back of my neck. It smells heavenly, just like a day spa. Honestly, this scent is truly relaxing.
6. Last but not least – a nice glass of wine or Chamomile tea at bedtime is definitely a relaxing treat!
More Ideas to Help New Moms Relax
- Give yourself a facial. I used to do this a lot, but now I don’t want to “waste the time” to do it! In fact, I have a bunch of sheet masks in my drawer just waiting to be used. I’m going to make an effort to start making the time to do facials again.
- Relieve tension by giving yourself a facial massage with a face roller like this one. This one is Rose Quartz and is designed to “promote self-love”.❤️ I haven’t tried this yet, but this is also on my list!
Yes, the Mom Life Struggle is Real
But these tips will help, I promise. Whether you’re a new momma or not, I know you can use some of these tips! I hope you try at least some, if not all of these. Steal some time back however you can. Also, force yourself to relax by taking a bubble bath or catching one of your favorite tv shows. You’ll be glad you did! What do you do to relax? Tell me in the comments below!
Have You Joined Our VIP Community?
Join our VIP list for the tips you need to help make mom life even better! I love sharing ways to help you look fashionable and feel good about yourself and your home, while saving both time and money.
You’ll get ideas, inspiration and tips for housekeeping & home decor, entertaining, fashion, beauty, and general wellness. Furthermore, you’ll be the first to know about new products, discounts, and freebies!